Cloud computing is how technology is done today, and this online course will teach you key skills while preparing you for the Cloud+ industry credential.
What you will learn
- A solid foundation in key cloud concepts, models, and computing skills
- How to implement and maintain virtualization, infrastructure, troubleshooting, resource management, security, systems management, and business continuity
- How to assess and establish network and storage security concepts and best practices in cloud environments
- How to diagnose and optimize cloud computing performance
- How to deploy and maintain hardware resources and enable virtual environments
How you will benefit
- Lay a foundation for your career as a cloud computing specialist, cloud support technician, cloud consultant, or cloud support associate
- Get a strong start on your CompTIA Cloud+ certification path and prepare for the exam
- Complete the course in a way that's best for you, as it caters to a variety of learning styles by incorporating visual, auditory, and hands-on learning
- Gain confidence in your new skills through real-life application activities and hands-on labs
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment.
The best time to pursue CompTIA Cloud+ training is right now. Cloud computing is a growing field as experts create innovative ways to store, manage, access, and protect some of the world's most important data. The global cloud computing market is projected to reach $270 billion by 2020. This impressive industry growth is increasing the demand for professionals with cloud computing skills. This online course is designed for individuals who are just starting out in information technology.
Curious how difficult the course is? It's actually ideal for those who have limited experience. You'll learn everything you need to pass the certification exam and pursue a career in cloud computing, starting with the basics of cloud service environments. This course covers key concepts and skills, including virtualization, infrastructure, troubleshooting, resource management, security, systems management, and business continuity.
Incorporating visual, auditory, and hands-on learning, the course is aligned with the highly regarded CompTIA Cloud+ certification. It includes applied learning activities to ensure you gain a working knowledge of the concepts taught, as well as the ability to implement them in real-life situations. After completing the course, you will be prepared for the CompTIA™ Cloud+ CV0-002 Certification designation.
This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
- Cloud Concepts and Models
- Contrasting Cloud Services
- Contrasting Cloud Delivery Models
- Cloud Characteristics and Terms
- Object Storage Concepts
- Differences in Hypervisor Roles
- Install, Configure, and Manage Virtual Machines and Devices
- Virtual Resource Migration
- Benefits of Virtualization in a Cloud Environment
- Virtual Components Used to Construct Cloud Environments
- Storage Technologies
- Storage Configuration Concepts
- Storage Provisioning
- Network Configuration
- Network Optimization
- Troubleshooting Basic Network Connectivity Issues
- Common Network Protocols, Ports, and Topologies
- Hardware Resources and Features Used to Enable Virtual Environments
- Resource Management
- Resource Monitoring Techniques
- Best Practice for Appropriate Allocation of Physical Host Resources
- Best Practice for Appropriate Allocation of Virtual Guest Resources
- Appropriate Remote Access Tools
- Network Security Concepts, Tools and Best Practices
- Storage Security Concepts, Tools and Best Practices
- Encryption Technologies and Methods
- Identifying Access Control Methods
- Implementing Guest and Host Hardening Techniques
- Systems Management
- Policies and Procedures in a Cloud Environment
- Diagnose Remediate, and Optimize Physical Host Performance
- Host and Guest Performance Concepts
- Implement Appropriate Testing Techniques when Deploying Cloud Services
- Business Continuity in the Cloud
- Disaster Recovery Methods and Concepts
- Deploying Solutions to Meet Availability Requirements
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.