The Preston Bailey Floral Design course is an opportunity for you to learn the fundamentals of floral design from Preston Bailey, the industry's most highly regarded floral design expert.
What you will learn
- Demonstrate a basic understanding and fundamental knowledge of floral design tools
- Learn the purpose of processing and how it affects the outcome and longevity of a floral design
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the methods used to process flowers for design
- Learn the basic fundamentals of purchasing flowers wholesale when preparing for the design of flowers for an event
How you will benefit
- Learn all the information needed to become a professional florist or floral designer
- Understand the tools, techniques, floral encyclopedia, and wholesale ordering tips that will help any student launch a business in the floral industry
- Know how to identify, approach, and set up an internship in your local area
- Receive notices of internship opportunities and industry conferences and events
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word (not included in enrollment).
- Microsoft PowerPoint is recommended but not required (not included in enrollment).
- Windows Media Player or a similar program.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- You are required to source local flowers and other floral arrangement supplies to complete assignments. (not included in enrollment)
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Floral design is an integral part of every Preston Bailey event. The Preston Bailey Fundamentals of Floral Design course, Part 1 in the Floral Design series, is an opportunity for you to learn the fundamentals of floral design from Preston Bailey, the industry's most highly regarded floral design expert.
The course is designed for beginners who have no experience with flowers, flower arranging, or floral design. You will learn the tricks that every good professional floral designer depends on. The course will also help you gain a strong foundation in the basics, which prepares you for learning the more complex techniques of Preston's unique floral designs. Upon completion of this course, you will also have the unique opportunity to apply for internships in your local area. You can also receive notices of internship opportunities and industry conferences and events.
- Create Floral Design Tool Kit
- Research Business License
- Processed experiment
- Non-Processed experiment
- Reference Binder Project
- Create a Reference Binder
- Industry Insight
- Alternative Floral Design Techniques
- Sharing a Floral Design Techniques
- Non Floral Material
- Discuss Non floral materials
- Create a Portfolio of non floral materials
- Ideas and Practice
- Corsages and boutonnieres
- Ceremony Décor
- Creating a collage
- Rose Boutonnieres
- Orchid Boutonnieres
- Creating a corsage
- 3-loop bow
- Bridal Bouquets
- Round Bridal Bouquets
- Long Bridal Bouquets
- Create a vase arrangement
- Create a small topiary
- Create a long/ low centerpiece
- Create 2-foot garland
- Final Project & Exam
Preston Bailey has been considered one of the world's premier event designers and tastemakers. With 30-plus years of experience with his namesake company Preston Bailey Designs, he is best known for his ability to completely transform raw, ordinary spaces, into opulent, theatrical environments, translating his clients' fantasies into awe-inspiring realities. His one-of-kind events have attracted clients as Donald Trump, Oprah Winfrey, Uma Thurman, Joan Rivers, Donna Karan, Liza Minnelli, Matt Lauer, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Ivanka Trump, and others. An author, he has written four bestselling books entitled Design for Entertaining, Fantasy Weddings, Inspirations, and his newest book, Celebrations, which was released by Rizzoli in October 2009. Headquartered in New York City, Preston Bailey Designs maintains international offices in Indonesia and the Middle East.
Angie Zimmerman is the CEO and founder of Angie Zimmerman Designs, a full-service floral design firm specializing in weddings and special events. She has more than 20 years of experience in the floral industry, operating floral shops in multiple locations in northern California. Currently, she is the instructor of "Preston Bailey's Fundamentals of Floral Design," a course offered by the Wedding Planning Institute and the lead instructor for Preston Bailey's Intermediate Floral Design.
Angie Zimmerman es la CEO y fundadora de Angie Zimmerman Designs, una firma de servicios de diseño floral especializada en bodas y eventos especiales. Tiene más de 20 años de experiencia en la industria floral, operando tiendas de flores en varios lugares en el norte de California. Actualmente, es la instructora de "Preston Bailey's Fundamentals of Floral Design," un curso ofrecido por el Wedding Planning Institute y el instructor principal para el "Preston Bailey's Intermediate Floral Design."