This Retail Customer Service Skills Training course will prepare you with the skills and knowledge you need for a successful career in today's retail world.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Speakers or headphones
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Looking for a career where you are always in demand? This Retail Customer Service Skills Training course will prepare you with the skills and knowledge you need for a successful career in retail. In this course, offered by Smart Horizons Career Online Education, you will master the skills you need to obtain a career certificate in Retail Customer Service Skills Training.
As you prepare for your career in the retail industry, you will learn about providing excellent customer service, as well as personal management skills that will make you effective in the workplace. When you complete the course, you will earn a Retail Customer Skills Certificate.
- Retail Customer Service Skills Training Preparation Courses
- Personal Management Skills
- Sem. 1: Stress Management, Dealing with Difficult People, Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Sem. 2: Time Management Fundamentals and Techniques
- Life and Career Skills
- Sem. 1: Communication, Self Management, Work & Life Balance, Building Relationships
- Sem. 2: Workplace Environment, Team Work, Workplace Innovation
- Customer Service
- Sem. 1: Building Customer Loyalty, Understanding the Customer, Service Standards
- Sem. 2: Defining Service, Communicating, Resolving Problems
- Managing Self and Others
- Sem. 1: Communicating with Power, Budgeting, and Saving
- Sem. 2: Managing Change, Motivation, Management Skills, Legal Issues
What you will learn
- Provide an excellent customer experience
- Build customer loyalty
- Deal with difficult customers
- Build communication skills
- Manage time
- Work in teams
- Manage yourself and others
- Become successful in the retail world
- Identify retail workplace challenges and opportunities
How you will benefit
- Prepare yourself to work in a retail setting or better your current retail customer service skills
- Understand how to communicate effectively and positively with a variety of people
- Become able to efficiently work independently as well as with a team
- Develop quality communication and time management skills
Alanna Taylor is an experienced academic coach who has worked in traditional, non-traditional, and online school settings. She is passionate about making positive changes in students' lives and helping them succeed by unlocking their potential. Most recently, Alanna was an online English for Speakers of Other Language (ESOL) teacher. Previously, she worked as a vocational evaluator, preparing and placing people with disabilities into career paths through various intelligence and career aptitude assessments. She also recently taught at a specialized school offering alternative diplomas and career placements in Saint Lucie County, Florida. Alanna holds a Bachelor of Science in Exceptional Student Education K–12 and an ESOL Endorsement.