From planning to pyrotechnics, this online Event Management and Design course will teach you everything you need to know to create events that are truly special.
What you will learn
- Learn how to run an event from start to finish
- Become a master of time management
- Understand how to manage other people, including coworkers and temporary event staff
- Master creating contracts, obtaining permits, and meeting safety regulations
- Learn how to set and work within a budget for large-scale events
- Know how to calmly and effectively work with peers, vendors, and clients
How you will benefit
- Acquire the fundamental skills to jump-start your career as a wedding planner or special event coordinator
- Be able to run an event from start to finish while staying within your proposed timeline and budget
- Develop solid communication skills and understand job-related terms that will enable you to work well with vendors, clients, and coworkers in the industry
- Demonstrate to potential employers that you're serious about a career in event planning by enrolling in this course and receiving your certificate upon completion
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following e-Books will be provided to you after registration:
- Art of the Event: Complete Guide to Designing and Decorating Special Events, by James C. Monroe, CMP, CSEP
- Special Events: Creating and Sustaining a New World for Celebration by Dr. Joe Goldblatt, CSEP
NOTE: The e-Books are non-refundable.
The Event Management and Design Online Training course will equip you with the knowledge to advance in the field if you're already working in special events, or it will prepare you to enter the profession with an understanding of the industry. You'll build a foundation that you can use to build a career in special events or start your own special event business.
This course is split up into two modules: Special Event Management and Special Event Design and Decoration. Each module includes multiple units complete with interactive presentations. Corporate events, weddings, parades, festivals, and more are covered. You'll learn about the practicalities of planning events and the dazzle of designing them. From permits to pyrotechnics, this course will teach you how to design, plan, implement, and evaluate special events. Learn to create spectacular special events with the Event Management and Design Online Training course!
- Special Event Management
- Principles of Event Management
- Legal, Ethical, Risk Management
- Special Event Management Technology
- Special Event Career Development
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Greener Events
- Special Event Design and Decorations
- Design and Decorations
- Theory and Principles
- Practices and Methodology
- Impact of Venue
- The Business
- Decorative Elements
- Backdrops and Props
- Entertainment, Signage, and Food
- Candles, Ice, Pyrotechnics
- Types of Special Events
- Fairs and Festivals
Dawn Lianna is an accomplished event manager, educator, and natural health expert with over 30 years of experience in event management, natural healing, and personal coaching. Her client list includes non-profit, community and educational organizations, along with corporations and individuals. As an event manager, she has planned, coordinated, and co-hosted over 500 successful events. She has a deep knowledge of the inner workings of the events space, which she shares with students as the instructor of the Event Management and Design course. She is also the author and instructor of the course, Keys to Effective Communication. Her MA in Counseling and Psychology, along with her status as Certified Hypnotherapist and Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner, combine in her approach to trust, respect, and rapport in effective conversation. She is an active, certified coach who integrates alternative health practices and her personal studies of herbology, nutrition, positive thinking, intuition development, acupuncture, and massage in her work and her Introduction to Natural Health and Healing course.