In this teacher-training course, you'll learn from an experienced educator how to motivate and assist developing writers.
In this teacher-training course, you will learn from an experienced educator how to motivate and assist developing writers. You will get an overview of the writing basics, focusing on the importance of the task, audience, and purpose. You will also discover how to organize your materials to create an inviting writing environment.
This course will discuss each step of teaching writing and the strategies you can use with your students. You will also learn how to strengthen your students' writing using technology. Along the way, you'll develop engaging lessons for literary response, narrative writing, expository writing, and persuasive writing. You'll will discover the secrets of effective writing assessment as you learn about evaluation tools like portfolios and rubrics. The approaches you learn in this course will enable you to put everything you know about teaching writing into an applicable, workable format.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.1 Getting Started: Writing Basics
2 The Writing Process: Part 1
3 The Writing Process: Part 2
4 Ways to Strengthen Writing
5 Enhancing Writing Instruction With Trade Books
6 Narrative Writing
7 Expository Writing
8 Persuasive Writing
9 Writing Across the Curriculum
10 A Trait-Based Approach to Writing
11 Writer's Workshop
12 Writing Assessments