Learn the practical skills you'll need to be a valuable veterinary assistant or educated pet owner.
Learn the practical skills you'll need to be a valuable veterinary assistant or educated pet owner. This course is the third installment in the "Become a Veterinary Assistant" series.
Throughout the course, you'll benefit from videos that demonstrate many procedures and techniques, as well as state-of-the-art interactive graphics. It's as close as you can get to actually being right there in the veterinarian's office!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
1 Basic Dog Restraints
2 Basic Restraint Techniques
3 Exams, Pilling, and Nails
4 Blood Collection
5 Blood Tests
6 Urine Tests
8 Hygiene 101
9 Gender, Age, and Dosage Calculations
10 Exam Room Skills (TPR)
11 Radiology and Medical Terminology
12 Injections, Vaccines, and Worms