Learn how stock options can protect your portfolio and help you profit in any type of market.
If you've ever wanted to learn how to evaluate, buy, sell, and profit from stocks, this course is for you. By the end of it, you will be armed with investment tools that were once thought to be only for the pros!
You will begin by examining the origin of stock options and learn the real risks involved. Then, you will identify the jargon, symbols, and other peculiarities of options in a way that's easy to understand. You will explore exchange-traded funds (ETFs), which offer exciting option investments you may eventually consider. This course will give you a look under the hood of option pricing so you understand what contributes to option value. You will understand why some options are overpriced and some are underpriced - and you'll be able to tell the difference before you trade. Above all, you will learn how to protect your portfolio and profit in a down market, an up market, or even a flat market. Learn to leverage your investment dollars for potential profits that surpass those possible with stocks.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
1 Defining Stock Options
2 Basic Terms and Concepts
3 Understanding Option Price Charts
4 Understanding Premium Pricing
5 Option Profit-Loss Graphs
6 Buying Long Call Options
7 Selling Short Call Options
8 Covered Call Options
9 Buying Long Put Options
10 Selling Short Put Options
11 Advanced Option Strategies
12 Course Summary and Guideposts