Practicing veterinarian teaches you to manage the entire canine breeding cycle, from assessing the health of parents to puppy care.This course is the definitive guide to the principles of sound dog breeding. If you're a veterinary assistant or preparing to become one, this course will help you understand the essential facts so you can knowledgeably converse with clients on the complexities of canine reproduction.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
1 Prebreeding Assessment and Management
2 Female Reproductive Anatomy and Disorders
3 Male Reproductive Anatomy and Disorders
4 The Reproductive Cycle and When to Breed
5 Natural Breeding and Artificial Insemination
6 Reasons for Female Infertility: Uterine and Ovarian Disorders
7 Reasons for Female Infertility: Effects of Abnormal Estrous Cycles
8 Reasons for Male Infertility
9 Pregnancy Diagnosis and Care of the Pregnant Bitch
10 Whelping: Normal and Assisted (including cesarean)
11 Postpartum Disease
12 Neonatal Care: Birth to Six Months