Take your CSS3 and HTML5 skills to the next level and learn how to create professional-quality websites.
Today's websites require streamlined code that adapts to a variety of devices, screen resolutions, Web browsers, and user needs. CSS3 and HTML5 are the keys to creating that, and they're the foundation upon which all modern websites built (not to mention many mobile apps, games, and even desktop apps). This means today's software developers need a deep understanding of CSS3 and HTML5.
In this course, you'll take your CSS and HTML skills to the next level and learn how to create professional-quality websites. You'll find out the methods the pros use to quickly build effective sites that are easy to maintain and modify. You'll discover the secrets to ensuring you keep total creative control over every aspect of a site. You'll master specific techniques for using background images and controlling opacity, visibility, and scrollbars. You'll create picture thumbnail galleries, cool hover (mouse over) effects, drop-down menus and fly out menus, and animation effects that work on hover as well as touchscreens like the iPhone and iPad. You'll also discover wonderful easy-to-code methods for creating responsive layouts that scale well to all screen sizes and devices.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- A simple text editor like Notepad or TextEdit.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
1 Get Geared Up
2 Advanced Backgrounds
3 CSS Positioning
4 Opacity, Visibility, and Scroll Bars
5 Creating Interactive Pages
6 Using Downloadable Fonts
7 Fancy Navigation Bars
8 Creating Drop-Down and Flyout Menus
9 Mastering the Layout
10 Responsive Web Design
11 Animations with Transform and Transition
12 Expanding Your Horizons