Learn the secrets of effective public speaking and small group communication.
You can become an effective public speaker! In this course, you will discover how to talk confidently and persuasively to both large audiences and small groups. You will also learn how to plan and deliver your presentations skillfully and how to manage one of the most common public speaking barriers—fear.
You’ll learn the secrets to presenting a speech, how to handle questions and manage conflict in meetings, and even how to shine in a job interview. You will get tips for training your voice and learn how to use both verbal and nonverbal communication effectively. By the time you finish this course, you'll have an entire set of skills you can use on the job, in social settings, and in any other situation where you need to communicate with ease and authority!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
1 You Can Do It!
2 Understanding How Communication Works
3 Taking the Fear out of Fear
4 Developing a Confident Voice
5 Harnessing the Power of Nonverbal Communication
6 Speaking Well in Social Settings
7 Acing Interviews
8 Impromptu Speaking
9 Preparing and Delivering Short Talks
10 Managing Questions, Conversations, and Conflict
11 Mastering the Long Speech
12 Managing Equipment and Media