Learn how to create advertising pieces for print and digital media. This course will teach you to develop and execute all stages of an advertising campaign, from writing ad copy to story-boarding and measurement.
What you will learn
- Developing and implementing original creative concepts based on research
- Building out an advertising campaign for both print and electronic media
- Preparing advertisements, scripts, and storyboards for a range of media
How you will benefit
- Develop a well-rounded approach to the advertising field
- Gain sound research and planning skills to ensure your projects gain traction
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Any Word Processing application (not included in enrollment); Required file format for assignments: .doc/.docx or .pdf
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Nearly every business uses some form of advertising to promote their products or services. Even in today's digital marketing arena, advertising professionals play a vital role in driving product awareness. This course will teach you how to create advertisements for print and digital media.
Being successful in advertising requires more than just creative thinking, it requires research and project management skills. This course will also teach you how to couple creative and strategic thinking. You will learn how to analyze consumer motives, research markets, and use this data to plan and create advertisements.
- Develop Original Concepts
- Advertising Research
- Writing Copy
- Making a Media Plan
- Developing an Advertising Campaign
- Print Media Advertising
- Digital Multiplatform Advertising
- Social Media Engagement
- Making a Pitch
Liselle Turner is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry. Turner holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.