This online course will teach you how to set up a successful professional consulting practice or advisory firm. You will learn best practices for assessing business problems and making actionable recommendations to various clients.
What you will learn
- How to build credibility in your area of expertise
- How to work with your clients and understand their needs
- How to deliver results and measure them
How you will benefit
- Gain the confidence to build your own consultancy
- Manage your productivity to create a successful consulting business
- Use brand strategies to market your consulting practice
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Any Word Processing application (not included in enrollment); Required file format for assignments: .doc/.docx or .pdf
- QuickTime. Click here to download QuickTime.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
From small businesses to corporations, any organization can benefit from an expert consultation. Professional consultants analyze situations and make recommendations based on their own expertise. To be a successful consultant, you must be able to understand client challenges, provide credible advice, and manage your practice.
The Professional Consulting Practice course will teach you how to leverage your existing skills to become a consultant. You will learn how to analyze an organization, how to serve a diverse clientele, and how build a credible, solutions-driven consulting practice.
- What Does a Consultant Do?
- Benefits and Challenges of Consulting
- Consulting Skills
- Building Credibility
- Your Area of Expertise
- Analyzing Client Needs
- Individuals, Organizations, Communities
- Working with Clients
- Delivering and Measuring Results
- Running a Consulting Business
Jamie Calbeto is an educator specializing in business, information technology, and logistics. He was both faculty at RMIT University Vietnam for more than a decade, teaching supply chain management and coordinating in the School of Business. Calbeto holds a Bachelor of Economics from University of Central Florida, a Master of Science in Industrial Technology from East Carolina University, and a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning.