This in-depth online course will teach you how to utilize the principles of Lean process improvement as you prepare to test for Lean Certification.
What you will learn
- Lean is and how your organization can benefit from it
- How to effectively use the tools and techniques involved in establishing the current state a of a process and developing the future state of a process
- To use tools and techniques associated with building a Lean culture
- Knowledge and skills needed to become a Lean leader
How you will benefit
- Be able to build a Lean culture to sustain the improved process
- Ability to identify which steps in a process are wasteful and which add value
- Improve current processes to reduce cycle time and costs, and increase revenue
- Be adequately prepared to gain Lean Certification
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Any word processing application (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
For many businesses, the shift to Lean Culture comes from simultaneously defining customer value, aligning around a common purpose, striving for perfection, and respecting and developing employees. Lean Culture results when in the quest to provide customer value, leadership supports and promotes the building of a "problem solving muscle" within the workforce.
The Lean Training and Certification course is a simplified, interactive way to quickly and effectively study process improvement and learn organizational shifts from veteran Lean practitioners. You will gain new management skills and learn how to establish your own process improvement. Upon completion of this course, you will be adequately prepared to test for Lean Certification.
- Introduction to Lean
- What Is Lean?
- The History of Lean
- The Focus of Lean
- What Is a Lean Process?
- Why Do Organizations Use Lean?
- The Cost of Poor Quality
- Focus on the Process
- Lean Principles
- How Do You Define Value?
- What Is Flow?
- The Concept of Pull
- The Impact of Pull
- How Do You Pursue Perfection?
- How to Establish Current State
- 8 Wastes
- Organizational Level Process Map
- Value Stream Map (VSM)
- Swimlane Map
- Process Walk
- Spaghetti Chart
- Customer Value
- Lean Metrics
- Process Analysis
- Value Stream Map Analysis
- Pareto Chart
- The 5 Whys & The Fishbone Diagram
- How to Develop Future Stat
- Single Piece Flow & Batch Reduction
- Changeover Reduction
- Work Cell Design
- Workload Balancing & Demand Levelling
- Cross Training
- Kanban & Supermarkets
- Standard Work
- Visual Management
- Value Stream Map Future State
- Quick Wins
- Rapid Improvement Event (Kaizen Event)
- Multi-Phase Implementation
- Mistake-Proofing (Poka Yoke)
- Pursue Perfection
- How to Build a Lean Culture
- Leader Standard Work (LSW)
- Leader Task Boards
- A3 Coaching
- Leader Process Performance Boards
- Leader Huddle Meetings
- Leader Process Walks
- Meeting Productivity
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Communication Plan
Tracy O'Rourke is a Master Black Belt with over 20 years of success helping organizations like the Department of Veterans Affairs, the State of Washington, Cisco, DC Shoes, GE, and Motorola learn and apply Lean and Six Sigma. Tracy is an accomplished facilitator, trainer, and presenter. She has a BA in English Literature from San Francisco State University and an MBA with emphasis in Leadership and Managing Organizational Change from Graziadio School of Business at Pepperdine University.
Elisabeth Swan is a Six Sigma Master Black Belt with over 20 years of experience consulting for organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, Burt's Bees, Microsoft, and Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. Swan is an accomplished consultant, designer, and executive coach with expertise in training, process-based organization design, problem-solving, and change management. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from Barnard College.