CompTIA™ A+ certification is the industry standard for validating the skills of entry-level computer technicians. It opens the door to an exciting career in computer technology, and this online course makes training convenient and interactive.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac. Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment.The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- A+ Guide to IT Technical Support
This course will prepare you for CompTIA A+ certification. You can earn this certification after you pass two exams. The CompTIA A+ Certification Exam 220-1001, covers mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing and network troubleshooting. The CompTIA A+ Certification Exam 220-1002 covers installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting, and operational procedures.
CompTIA™ A+ Certification is vendor neutral and internationally recognized, giving you a competitive advantage no matter what country you're working in and what hardware you're working with.
This course offers enrollment with or without vouchers. The vouchers are prepaid access to sit for the certifying CompTIA™ certification exams (CompTIA 220-1001 and 220-1002) upon completion of the course and eligibility. This course offers enrollment with or without vouchers.
- CompTIA A+ (220-1001)
- Desktop Assembly
- Laptop Assembly
- Hardware Part II
- Cooling and Power
- Hard Drives
- Storage Devices
- Supporting Devices
- Installing Devices
- Network Connections
- Router Setup
- Local Networking
- Mobile and More
- Mobile Devices
- Mobile Device Security
- CompTIA A+ (220-1002)
- Windows Interfaces and Tools
- Additional Interfaces and Tools
- Windows Installation
- Additional Installations
- Command Lines & Remote Desktop
- Solving Problems
- Solving Additional Problems
- Boot Process & Startup
- Re-installing & Common Issues
- Securing Windows
- Sharing Windows Resources
- Securing Resources
- Malicious Software & Best Practices
- Mac & Linux
What you will learn
- Security concepts, customer service, and business processes.
- How to install and troubleshoot common components like desktops, laptops, network and wireless devices, CPUs, memory, disks, power supplies, and expansion cards.
- Set up and use of client-side virtualization and SOHO networks.
- Troubleshooting mobile device operating systems.
How you will benefit
- This program will prepare you to obtain a CompTIA A+ Certification designation. After completing the program, you're encouraged to set up your own exam dates and times at a testing center close to you.
- Adding CompTIA A+ Certification to your resume will give you an edge as a professional in the IT industry.
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.